• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Magnetic block heater ?

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As per my PM the 300W almost burned my Deuce and backhoe up. The case melted and smoked up the oil pans.

The 200Watt may work.

I just order a couple of cheap quartz heaters for under each one now from Northern Tool. $17 each. Since the vehicles are inside the barn they should do just fine.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm surprised nothing came up when you searched "block heater".

TNSS

A lot came up when i searched block heater. But I didn't see anything specific to the magnetic type block heaters. There is a ton of info regarding the kat30101 style block heaters but this truck might get moved twice a year when it's cold so I was looking a a option outside of installing a kat30101. If you have any info regarding the magnetic style block heaters I would love to hear it or if you have the link?

TNSS

I have no idea how yall found those. I searched the forum "advanced". And I did a Google search that only produced a million places to buy them. And your link looks way different than my google search,

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The site admin added a custom Google search at the top of the page. It limits the searches to this site.

They just typed in "magnetic block heater" and hit the enter key. No magic involved. ;-)

TNSS

I'm well I saw that but didn't use it because I already did a Google search. So i tried the advanced search function with out much luck. Good to know that is forum specific I had no idea thanks guys

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can limit the results to a specific site with any google search.

Just add "site:steelsoldiers.com" or any .com to your search string.

I do this when looking for details on NSN or part numbers on auction items.

Here is are some examples for a GM crankshaft

5740034 crankshaft site:parttarget.com
5740034 crankshaft site:wbparts.com
5740034 crankshaft site:tpub.com

Last edited by a moderator:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can also use the hack at any Google entry bar:

site:steelsoldiers.com magnetic block heater

That will give you a list as well.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great minds think alike only one is faster..........

How the heck did we do it?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks