• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Main bearing help

red devils dude

Can I replace the main bearing's with out removeing the engine(it's in the truck).
And if I can is it possible to replace the rear main seal when i'm at it.

Westech

CPL
you bet just drop the oil pan and go at it. Now that thats said it wont be ez to get the bearings out. The caps will come out but you have to slide the bearings around the crank to get the top ones out.

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You might check with your auto parts store like NAPA. There is a little plug made you can insert into the oil hole in the crank journal with a small tab sticking up that rotates out the upper bearing half as you rotate the crank. It will also put in the new one in the same manner. Just be sure you are rotating it in the right direction so the location tab on the end of the bearing comes out first when removing the old shell, and goes in last when putting in the new one. If you study on it, you could make a plug to do it. The top projecting tab needs to be slightly lower than the thickness of the bearing shell, and larger than the oil hole fit stem of the tool so it does not fall on down into the crank. The rear main seal is a complete ring seal press fit in the rear engine cover, so you need to pull the tranny, clutch and flywheel to get at it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks