• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Main start switch dead Mep-802

cbisson

Yes I do have a multi meter. I will not be able to do any more diagnosis until Saturday morning.
First thing is to check the DC circuit breaker as mentioned earlier, and then check that the emergency stop button has not been pushed in.

Guyfang

Staff member
This is how you should go about testing here. Open up TM9-6115-641-24, turn to PDF reader page #279. On the left side is a simple schematic. Enlarge it. Find the batteries. They are BT1 and BT2. Find the + side. Follow the + side line from the BT1 to L41. Thats on the starter, and we know the starter works because you used the S10, (Dead crank switch) so we do not need to check it. from there follow the line to MT4, terminal 4, (short name, MT4-4). The MT4 is kind of a fuseable link. You do not need to know what it does, just that this is the first place you will mesure 24 VDC. Mesure from a ground point, or bare metal someplace in the control box, where you will find MT4. You should get 24VDC. Then look at your schmetic again. From MT4-1a wire runs through CR1, and on to S10-2, (dead crank switch, terminal 2). When the S10 is in the NORMAL position, the S10-3 sends 24 VDC to the S1-6, (start switch, terminal 6) There is no need to run around to the S10 to measure, just make sure the S10 in in the NORMAL position. Instead, measure from ground to the S17, (Emergency stop) on the control panel door, first to one side, then to the other. If the S17 is pulled out, you should get 24 VDC on both sides of the S17. Now look at the schmetic again, the wire runs from S17-to CB1, (DC Control Power Circuit Breaker), there in front of you. Mesure from ground to one side of the CB1, then to the other. You should get 24 VDC. The wire runs from CB1-1, to the S1-6, S1, terminal 6. Mesure from ground to S1-6, you should get 24VDC. Personly I would start here. If you have no 24 VDC at S1-6, then you can work backwards. But its important that you know how it works. If you have 24 VDC at S1-6, turn the S1 to start, and mesure at S1-7. If you do not have 24 VDC at S1-7, the start switch is bad, or miswired. Lets stop there and you can do this in the morning, and let us know what you find.

Ranger Danger

My face is red. And not because I'm half American Indian. I'm embarrassed. The red emergency shut down switch was engaged. Oh well, I guess it gave me an excuse to do a good visual inspection of the unit.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help this old fart, I truly do appreciate it. RD

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My face is red. And not because I'm half American Indian. I'm embarrassed. The red emergency shut down switch was engaged. Oh well, I guess it gave me an excuse to do a good visual inspection of the unit.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help this old fart, I truly do appreciate it. RD

Don't worry about it, we all tend to overlook the really obvious stuff. Even the experts here got you onto page two without asking if you checked it, because we all just make assumptions about things like that.

cbisson

Glads to hear you're back up and running!

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Time to break out the volt meter and start looking for the location of the breakdown.

The schematic has the terminal info for S1. You can see if you have voltage coming in and if not trace back through the wiring till you find the problem.

Edit - For some reason I didn't see the replies on P2. Glad to see you have it going.

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,

For future searches into this problem.

Always check the Emergency Stop Button.

When the button is pushed in, and the S10 (dead crank switch) is in normal position. You turn the S1 and there is silence. No clicks, no fuel pump sounds, nothing. :)
Make sure the Emergency Stop Button is pulled out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks