• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Maintenance Items

ssdvc

When doing maintenance on my 1009, such as replacing brake pads, redoing the drums, etc, and I order parts from places like Autozone, Advance, etc, etc,. Is there anything special I need to look for when placing an order ? Are there parts extra heavy duty parts I need to look for or are they the same as the civi version. I am ordering brake pads from Autozone (20% off and free shipping over $100 until midnight tonight) and I want to get the right parts.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Reading the CUCV Wiki and the FAQ in the CUCV Helpful Threads sticky will answer many of your questions.

When buying parts use 1984 as your truck year. All CUCVs where built to this model year. For engine parts use 1984 K30 for your truck type.

ssdvc

Thanks Wathog. I was double checking, after reading everything, before I hit the send button. Trust, but verify !

HoosierDaddy

I think the issues will be quality of replacement parts rather than "duty rating" , for lack of a better term. Every thing on the truck is heavy duty.
I'm just starting down the cucv path , but I had a f250 before this and a project 69 Ford Bronco , and the issues there are the same as every other vehicle I have , finding quality long lasting parts keeps becoming more and more difficult.
Advice to do a task is readily available , but I seem to spend much more time researching quality parts , which nobody seems to stock any more , so they all have to be ordered.