• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Maintenance Question

charlie baker

trying to pull spark plugs...with the leads off, the remaining plug is longer than the depth of my socket. do I need an oversize socket, or is there an answer for taking them out without breakage???thanks CB

kblazer87

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most plug sockets usually have a hex drive on the top/drive end so you can use a wrench or another socket on them to let the plug stick through the drive hole if needed. Sunex makes a set of extra deep spark plug sockets that are pretty inexpensive. Gray tools might have something similar as I see you are in Canada.
Gray pneumatic makes a double swivel set of plug sockets that are pretty handy as well.

Last edited:

charlie baker

th

Most plug sockets usually have a hex drive on the top/drive end so you can use a wrench or another socket on them to let the plug stick through the drive hole if needed. Sunex makes a set of extra deep spark plug sockets that are pretty inexpensive. Gray tools might have something similar as I see you are in Canada.
Gray pneumatic makes a double swivel set of plug sockets that are pretty handy as well.
there is a tube (perhaps having to do with the fording feature) that extends up past the positive contact point, so my socket will not go down far enough to engage the nut. thanks

BLK HMMWV

I know this is an old post. Did you ever come up with a super deep socket.
I just ran into this very thing about 4 days ago.
I think you can just use a box end wrench once you get the top wire fitting off the top of the tube.
My problem initially was that while trying to take off the top fitting the plug actually started to come out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks