• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Major Coolant Leak Don't Know Where!!!! Big PROBLEM!

gt1009

So i was on my way to the pet store to get some crickets for my little brother when i suddely start to hear a hissing noise whenever i let off the gas. The truck is running fine but I decided to pull over and check it out. When I stop all my coolant proceeds to pour onto the pavement and my engine has steam coming off of it for half an hour afterwards. I don't know what happened, as the leak seemed to be coming from behind the block or right on top, as there was evicence of spray on the firewall right behind the block, and underneath the air cleaner i could see a big puddle of coolant. I also noticed the remnants of a large drip coming from underneath out of a hole in a semi-circular something right in front of the transmission pan. AAA is towing it to my house now for a better look, but has anyone had this happen to them, or does someone think they know what is happening here?
Thanks,

acetomatoco

RE: Major Coolant Leak Don

Does your little brother eat the crickets live or dissect them first? Your leak sounds as simple as a heater hose...if so, you loop one into the other using your onboard tool set and add a couple of gallons of pond water using the empty soda cans from the back seat and off your go... ACE

gt1009

RE: Major Coolant Leak Don

haha, I think it's a little worse, as I pulled the air cleaner yesterday and there were no hoses, but a big puddle of coolant on top of the block with a screw and a nut in it. I will siphon it out today to see what I can see.

dilvoy

There are two coolant block off plates that are at the rear of the engine. They are located where the coolant crossover attaches at the front of the engine on the cylinder heads, but at the rear. One is blocked off with a flat plate and gasket and the other has the glow plug temp sensor threaded into it with a bushing. One of these may be the cause of your leak.

gt1009

There are two coolant block off plates that are at the rear of the engine. They are located where the coolant crossover attaches at the front of the engine on the cylinder heads, but at the rear. One is blocked off with a flat plate and gasket and the other has the glow plug temp sensor threaded into it with a bushing. One of these may be the cause of your leak.
That is exactly what it is. It is the flat one that doesn't have the sensor. I think it needs a new gasket. Thanks a lot!

dilvoy

It's the harder one to get to, but if you loosen the vacuum pump and rotate it towards the drivers side you can work fairly easily on the block off plate. Don't forget to tighten the pump after your finished.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks