• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Maker of the M934A2 5 Ton 6x6 Van Truck?

Gunny65

I know the truck info says BMY, but when I look up BMY on Google all I find is it a division of Harsco corp. When I go to register it, I would like to be able to put down who made it rather than say it is a surplus military vehicle. What does BMY stand for...or...what company would the 1992 M934A2 5 Ton 6x6 Van Truck be associated with? Thanks.

Jon Giovani

On the stock exchange BMY isBristol-Myers Squibb Co
BMY (NYSE)
But as far as your concerned it is actually, Bowen-McLaughlin-York/BMY
Cheers! And good luck! That is my next anticipated purchase as well!

Gunny65

On my Titles for my trucks the manufacturer is listed as "BMY Division of Harsco"
Ah, that is exactly what I was looking for. What someone else got theirs listed as. Do you have yours registered as Commercial or RV or ???

I am hoping to get it listed as a Class A RV. Then I am going to use the military plate option for less $$$ over time on renewals. I just found out, in Idaho, I can possibly get the plates for free. It is for vehicles up to 26,000 pounds (which the M934 is over) and ALL RV's. That is why I want it registered as an RV, free plates. The free part is the disability option when applying for Military Vet license plates here in Idaho.

Gunny65

Excellent, thank you guys. I am going to call Idaho DMV on Tuesday and see what I need to do to legally drive the M934 from Minnesota to Idaho. I am hoping a simple trip permit will cover it.