• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Making a deuce a reliable daily driver? Help make a to-do list?

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tenative plan, is to ditch the primary fuel filter, and replace with an inline 100 micron reusable filter, then switch the factory secondary fuel setup into 2 spin ons using the 4770 base. I haven't decided if I'm gonna do a parallel setup with 2 micron filters, or a series setup with 10 micron then 2 micron.

All the literature I'm finding is showing the deuce at 1 GPM flow rate, which of course, most of which goes back into the tank through the return line, which basically means I'm gonna be polishing my fuel.

I plan on running a LOT of WMO though, so I need a good filtration system OUTSIDE the truck, so I'm not constantly replacing filters ON the truck.

There's no convenient list of all the fitting types and sizes for connections, so it's gonna be fun.

I've also been looking for 1/2" fuel line and holy crap is it expensive. I prefer using lines I can replace. Kinda hard to patch a hole in a steel fuel line on the side of the road (OK, not THAT hard)... But easier to grab a length of rubber/EPDM line, and splice it in or just outright replace it. Most of the stuff I'm finding is AN8.... and I'm looking for plain tubing I can attach to a barbed fitting with an oetiker clamp.

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was gifted some 80W90 from a buddy that works on a ship.. couple 5 gallon pails of the good stuff... so I'm good to go on draining and refilling axles, trans, etc.

Ordered some full synthetic 15w40. It has a really robust additive package, but I'm gonna mix it 50/50 with conventional, so whatever cleaning it does is slow.

Got the spin on oil filter conversion kit in, the remote reservoir kit, and a couple wheel cylinders...

I also got a van body (box truck 'box' for those that don't know the term), that shares the same width as the deuce frame, so the box will drop right onto the deuce..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks