• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

making an a3 dump

ken326@yahoo.com

Is there any diffrences making an a3 dump vs an a2. automatic trans? is there a place to hook pto shaft or do I have to go electric hydralic? any advise.
thanks

6x6junkie

there are alot of nice kits out there but it comes to cost you can save 2k going with an elec. over hyd. ken has some nice kits not sure if hes close to you but check them out

rwoods

The A3 came with a hydraulic winch. The pump bolts onto the engine. Either that or a transfer case PTO.
If you have an A3 w/winch, you already have the hydraulics - just need to do the plumbing. This is on my to do list.

If you don't have a winch truck, you can probably find the pump that bolts to compressor like a winch truck.

As to pto, I believe you can also use a transmission mounted pto. I don't know the cost or the details. Check out Allison transmission web site.