• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Making Springer Seat Shoulder Bolts!

Darwin T

When my new springer seat to replace my old box seat in my M52a2 was delivered one of the shoulder bolts had fallen out. It was an odd size 7/16" shoulder bolt that I could not find, so i put the work out here. Still no luck. So i went to plan B. I bought a piece of 7/16" OD tubing, stainless steel bolts, ss washers and ss nylon lock nuts. Ran a tap through the tubing measured the distance across the mount and cut the tubing. Put a washer on the bolt because the head was smaller that the original bolt head and screwed on the tubing piece. BAM instant shoulder bolt. Lather Rinse and Repeat and Bam 2 shoulder bolts. The seats all better now and i am just waiting for an opertunity to install.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks