• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Making Winch Parts for M135/M211

dabtl

I have access to metal fabrication and I am considering making some of the winch parts for the M135/M211.

If anyone has the under cab support, the pilot bearing mount and pilot bearing shield that they can either take pics and measurements of or loan out, I will make some duplicates.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Shaft

Tough job.

Here's a few photos. Looks like the mounting bracket has a 2" flange against the frame
and approx. 5.5" of surface area for the bearing.

Not sure if you're looking for the PTO cable mount location but it's right there.....there,
no over there.

Let me know what else you need.

Attachments

Stan Leschert

That is the stuff, Digger Dave!

I have most of that (Cables and linkage not so much),
but it will be Spring until what I have gets installed ....

Just before Parade season!

I am so going to owe you a pint on your next trip through town!

dabtl

Those mounts are exactly the items I am speaking about. If someone has them out of the truck and can send them to me, I can make another dozen or so of the bearing mount, shield and cable support.

I doubt there is a big market for this stuff. But, I thought that when I made the first of the M35 gun ring cab reinforcement panels. That need turned out to be about 300 or so panels. I made nearly $5 per panel for the 30 or so I had constructed.

I can have the pilot bearing mount and shield easily made from just these photos. The under cab brace can be made easily if I can get the dimensions of it.

Last edited:

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is Canada near Dallas?

No wait, it's just your hockey team that's in our face all the time. You guys have great sports teams and if the ranchers had any sense they'd all have G749's.

Can you run an add on Craigs or similar with a pic of the truck and parts request. There's gotta be toys sitting in Texas fields. There's a few boneyards in Tuscon that had gear.

My local MVPA was my link to nearly everything I needed. The day I joined I spent the day in a motorpool warehouse full of ww2 gear and veteran 'restorians'.

Stan, is that the ocean I hear? ahhhh. . . . . . Where'd you dig up your winch parts?

Stan Leschert

Stan, is that the ocean I hear? ahhhh. . . . . . Where'd you dig up your winch parts?
We bought a winch a year ago with the driveline and pillow blocks.
This past fall my mechanic called me and asked if I wanted a winch for the Army Truck.

He had a spare winch cluttering his shop, and it came with the PTO.

So now 2 winches will become 1. Still have to fab the winch mounting brackets (That's why I made you send me pics),
and see if you can find me the control lever and cable from your secret hunting grounds.

:beer::driver::beer:

dabtl

I took the old pillow block bearing assembly into Purvis Industrial. I asked for a new one. Ten minutes later I walked out. Cost a few bucks, but what does not? Amazing.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mounting bracket

It's nice when a plan comes together.
Do you have a part number for your replacement?

If it's different then the following it opens up some options.
nsk uc207-104d1

Here's a link I found when I googled the #.
http://www.seekpart.com/bearings/bal...gs/ucf207.html

I also have part # urs f206g Housing flange 4 bolt.

Total Price $32.37

I Took a closer look at the mounting bracket and front shaft.

Front Shaft
4' length 1 1/4" dia,

Mounting bracket
1/4" plate Comes with 2 1/2" mounting flange to frame
5 9/16" width x 6" ht.
1 1/2" 'center' hole and 3 3/4 On center bearing mounting holes.

The guard is 1/8" plate and extends 2 1'2" past the mount.

Attachments

dabtl

I walked into Purvis Industrial with the old one. The lady at the counter took out some calipers, measured the shaft remainder diameter walked into the storage area for about five minutes and came out with the new one. She aligned the mounting holes on both and asked if I was happy!

It is a common industrial use. I will see about a part number and post it.

Thanks for the measurements. I am currently looking to duplicate at a metal fabrication shop the mount and shield. With the front shaft measurements I can seek out a custom drive shaft manufacturer if I cannot find an original.

dabtl

The part number for the pillow block bearing from Purvis is:

F4B-SC-104

An additional number on the label is 782475114634 which leads to the manufacturer, Dodge, and the item.

Made in the USA.

The shaft collar (stop) is available from McMaster-Carr as part #
9414T24

Last edited:

dabtl

Thanks Ron. I think they will be easy to re-produce. One more vital part I can have made.

It might be much easier to put a winch on the G749 version after all!!!

dabtl

Yup, nothing complicated. Good luck with the project!

The pillow bearing bracket and shield are at the fab shop now. I have to figure out if the bracket mount is angle cut as Fig. 343 in TM 8-8024 on the frame side or if there is enough room for a square cut bracket mount.

Is yours square cut on the frame side of the bracket?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks