• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Making your own Shc-35 battery pack? This helps!

profo

Heres the connector and sockets for the battery pack you can get from Mouser electronics 538-36648-0006 and 538-02-08-1004, I will make a drawing of what wire goes where later but if you open the lid on heater you can see it pretty easy, there is a grayish/white which is pos of battery one, and green which is neg of battery one, the red which is pos of battery 2 and black which is neg of battery 2. I used two 7ah 12 vdc battery like that goes on deer feeders kids cars etc., And you put a 5.1k ohm , 1 watt resistor accross the lil blue wires(this fools the heater thinking its warm and not needing the battery heater which I dont use. so you can make your own pack for about 50 bucks!

Attachments

Deals7

Just packed up my heater, will order the 5.1k ohm , 1 watt resistor and the correct size Molex 9 pin parts set and try again next week.

The batteries I used from Ebay were only $45 shipped (based on this post I looked for
12 Volt - 8 Ah - UB1280 - 8Ah AGM Battery
Seller:
SLA Battery and More
out of Surgarland TX and they shipped lighting fast....!
) and they fit right into the battery tray and the velcro holds them in perfectly, so I would suggest that as a good battery option. I only got a low battery code after using them over and over for a couple hours, then charged them and the code went away so they seem to work good for $45 for the pair including shipping.

Thanks for all your help, especially you Third From Texas and PROFO

Scott-

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks