• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mall gen set us property

coyote62ny

i have an old gen set made by the mall tool co. for us government but cant find any info or tm manuals for the info on the tag is as follows b -12 volts 120 cycle 60 phase 1 kw 2.5 rpm 3600 partno.39550 specification no. mil-g-6515 orderno.af33-600-8426 stock no.8210-321410 this gen set has a mall 2 stroke engine is enclosed in a ask also has hertz gauge volts gauge conveince outlets and lug terminals on the rear panel with panel lights ran nice till the bendix coil went just got a new old stock breaker plate with coil points and condenser today from standard magneto i think this set must date from the 40 s or 50 s being it was made by the mall tool co. if any one has any info on this it shure would help tms would be great if they still exist thanks for your help dean

rlwm211

Characteristics Data Response for NSN 6115-00-548-1384
Item Name: GENERATOR SET,GASOLINE ENGINE​

MRC Requirement Statement Clear Text Reply​

NAME ITEM NAME GENERATOR SET,GASOLINE ENGINE
AAXS PRIME MOVER COOLING MEDIUM AIR
AAXX MOUNTING TYPE BASE
ABHP OVERALL LENGTH 26.750 INCHES NOMINAL
ABKW OVERALL HEIGHT 19.250 INCHES NOMINAL
ABMK OVERALL WIDTH 16.500 INCHES NOMINAL
ACDC CURRENT TYPE AC
ACZB FREQUENCY RATING 60.0 HERTZ NOMINAL
AKNA INCLOSURE TYPE FULLY INCLOSED
AMSB IDENTIFYING NUMBER TYPE NO. 50150
AMWJ WINTERIZATION FEATURE NOT INCLUDED
AQGA MANUFACTURER NAME MALL TOLL CO
AYGY AC WATTAGE RATING 2.5 KILOWATTS
AYHB LINE TO LINE VOLTAGE IN 120.0
VOLTS
AYHE EXCITOR TYPE SELF-EXCITED
AYQZ PRIME MOVER STARTING METHOD MANUALLY BY ROPE
AZBM AUTOMATIC STARTING FEATURE NOT PROVIDED
AZBN PRIME MOVER MANUFACTURER MALL TOOL CO
NAME
AZBP PRIME MOVER IDENTIFYING MODEL NO. 41990
NUMBER
AZCB HOUSING TYPE INCLOSED
AZCL AMBIENT TEMP IN DEG CELSIUS NOT RATED
AZCM TEMP RISE RATING IN DEG NOT RATED
CELSIUS FOR CONTINUOUS
OPERATION
AZKT RADIO INTERFERENCE NOT INCLUDED
SUPPRESSION
FAAZ PHASE SINGLE​

Company Name and Address:
DESA INDUSTRIES INC DIV OF AMCA INTERNATIONAL CORP

PARK FOREST IL 60466

RL​

coyote62ny

i posted on smokstak but got no responce the info you guys gave me is a lot more than i had and thank you for your help and time to look this up . got the new coil in and have spark tryed to start it off an aux fuel tank it ran on the prime i sprayed in the carb and quit took the carb off and it was full of ice its soaking in carb cleaner for the weekend . i will get it back together this week and post weather i get it running or not hoping to figure out how to post pics soon thanks again

coyote62ny

got it started after carb cleaning started second pull puts out 120 volts all gauges work as they should ran a 1500 watt electric heater for an hour no problems now i have to find a recoil starter spring and clean out the set gas tank and give it a fresh coat of paint will post pics as soon as the snow goes as its out back in the shed way to much snow to get it out side to cold to paint thanks for the info on this set