• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Man is it ever dark and cold in here!

BobM

While pulling the kid out of the mud the other night, I realized that is was sure cold and dark in that 1008!
I thought that my heater core might be stopped up, but found that the T-stat was stuck wide open. I've got one ordered from NAPA, so hopefully one down. Now all I need is a dome light!:wink:

Michael

You should have a courtesy light under the dash to the left of center. It is on the wiring diagram in the TM,.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
If you turn the dash light rheostat, which is part of the headlight switch, all the way to the left it should turn on the under-dash light.

BobM

If you turn the dash light rheostat, which is part of the headlight switch, all the way to the left it should turn on the under-dash light.
Sorry to not answer before, but I've been changing my T-stat. That stuff they used to seal the housing was some good stuff!:roll:
Yeah, I found the courtesy light the first day. But mine is unfastened and stuck up by the heater! It's no good unless you want to see the tips of your shoes!;-) I'm looking for a dome light. I'll probably just wire it in to that courtesy light wire.

And rizzo I agree that the heater is plumbed before the T-stat . But if the T-stat is stuck open, the water won't be warm enough to give out any heat in the cab. Even tho the return hose felt warm the other night, it wasn't HOT. And looking back, I seem to remember that with a properly working system, the hose would have been hot.

I got the T-stat installed, but when I started it, there was a leak. I reinstalled it with more permatex black on it and I will try it again tomorrow. I'm outta time today and have to go to work.
And tomorrow we are going to preview some trucks at Drexel Gardens. MAYBE I will have time before work to try the T-stat.

AJMBLAZER

I just bought one of those $6 LED stick on "push lights" at the hardware store and stuck that up on cab ceiling. Works great and with the LED's it will be forever before the couple AAA's in it drain down.

Chevytruck

i had a lamp that lasted 3 years before the batteries died in it

and it was LED lights lol

Saved me a lot in the winter when I'm dealing with snow :-D

Somemedic

Coleman camping tent light with the MEAN:twisted: magnets. You can stick it to the roof as a dome light or it works well as a flash light when your changing a tire. $10 tops... no wiring req

BobM

Coleman camping tent light with the MEAN:twisted: magnets. You can stick it to the roof as a dome light or it works well as a flash light when your changing a tire. $10 tops... no wiring req

Any pics? And where did you buy your light? I did a search and came up with one for $16.:?:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks