• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Manifold Heater Question

zak

My truck's manifold heater wasn't working so I chased it down to no spark. I bench tested the coil and could only hear some internal buzzing, but no spark. Where can I get another coil?

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hearing the "buzzer", actually a relay, is half the battle...how do you have the spark plug connected, have you checked all contact points? The cable and connectors to the spark plug provide the ground, no other external ground needed...here I go talking about grounding again....
Spark gap should be 1/10 of an inch.
Test the whole system like this.

Attachments

zak

The plug wire checked ok with ohm meter. I had the unit in a vise, with the plug wire minus plug about an 1/8 off the vise. I supplied power directly to the positive pin and negative to the case. I assumed that the case is grounded. When it was in the truck, it would not spark with plug grounded on the head.