• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Manual for Genset with Light tower

CaptB

I have obtained four model TP-5A4-DC genset w/light towers for our emergency management agency. They have Onan 6.0 diesel generators and as best as I could tell, the light towers and portable trailer setup was produced by Over-Lowe. They supply 120/240 for the tower lights(4) and electrical outlets.

Been looking for a technical manual on their maintenance and operation. Could anyone point me in the right direction to find that? The ones listed on this site don't seem to over what I have. Can supply picture if needed.

Thanks much

Mike_L

Dataplates Info

Any dataplates on the trailer? Usually the military sets will have several dataplates, one that tells you what manual supports the set as well as a nomenclature (like M125 or whatever) and description. With this info, you can maybe find it on the Army ETM site: https://www.logsa.army.mil/etms/find_etm.cfm
If it has an "A" in the DIS column, you can download it without a clearance.

CaptB

RE: Dataplates Info

Mike_L said:
Any dataplates on the trailer? Usually the military sets will have several dataplates, one that tells you what manual supports the set as well as a nomenclature (like M125 or whatever) and description. With this info, you can maybe find it on the Army ETM site: https://www.logsa.army.mil/etms/find_etm.cfm
If it has an "A" in the DIS column, you can download it without a clearance.
Not much information on any of the plates on the trailer, just the manufacturer:Over-Lowe 29020; Contract # F41608-81-D-0018 and the NSN: 6230-01-096-3508.

papercu

I've had mine for more than 4 years and I haven't gave up yet. I've been searching for another very hard to find manual for longer and just found it this month so it does work. Wayne

M1075

I haven't had any luck finding a manual either. I would be grateful if anyone has any leads. The mfg is Over-Lowe, the contract is F 41608-81-D-0018, the model is TP-5A4-DC and the NSN is 6230-01-096-3508.

rlwm211

As far as I can find out, that unit was originally spec'd and deliver to the Air Force.

You are looking to a Technical Order number 35F5-5-16-1

If I come accross it I will send it to you.

N9wx78

Did anyone ever find a manual for one of these? May be buying one for a portable ham radio tower.
Thanks
Dan