• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Manuals for 6453 Trans.

KsM715

OK Ive tried searching the TM section and cant find anything. Google does me no good either. Does anyone know the TM or any shop manuals that cover this transmission? I'm looking for something that covers disassembly and assembly. Ive got 2 and I want to open them up and check them out. Both have the same gear chewed up. Its the rear most gear of the three behind the pto cover on the passenger side. I'm wondering if I can pull the backing plate and bearing off the backend of this shaft and replace this gear this way or is there more to it? I dont want to just start pulling things apart.

Thanks.

Attachments

Westech

CPL
well Im sure i can take it apart... the rest is up to you lol..... on another note... There is a low boy trailer I'm looking at 5 min away from my place. Any chance if needed I could get you to move it for me? like I said I'm just looking at it for now.

Westech

CPL
well the 818 is at fort Stewart GA and getting that might be a deal.. the trailer I don't know.. I will get everything collected at some point. If I'm still here when I get all the stuff I can put it on post at my Company parking lot.

Driver523

That tranny behind a multifuel I belive will give it about 26% overdrive----turn the input one turn and I think the output will be 1.25---same tranny they used behind the Mack?????--------------Driver

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is not the one for the Cummins in the 800 series?

one dream would be to swap the cummins out of an 800 series and put in an equally powerful 2500RPM engine.. woo-hoo! Then a person could pass more than just that 10-wheel crane going down the road.

In seriousness I could not see where the gear was chewed up. The little one?

Driver523

Thats the tranny Sammy put in the Ace of Spades gun truck, a M-54 multifuel, turned up the fuel to carry it better and 10,000 miles later shes still passing a lot of stuff out there on the hiway, sure made it harder to dodge the bugs while crewing it though----Driver

KsM715

In the first pic, its the smallest gear on the left. If you look closely at the left side of the gear you can see its been ground down. It looks like the bigger gear in the upper left slides over and engages that gear. Reverse gear maybe? I dont know I didnt get a chance to put the shifter in it and run it thru the shift pattern before I had to move that heavy bastard to let the wife park in her spot.:roll: Maybe Ill get a chance to do that tomorrow.

KsM715

Ill sell you one, but shipping may kill the deal. they are over 740lbs with the shipping container. I did some downloading of the TMs and did find out how to get to the gear that needs replacing.

Again Ill sell you one of the ones I picked up but I dont know if the trans is good or not, it seemed to turn freely. I can open it up and get pics of the inside for you if you want. might be a few weeks before I get to it though.

Last edited:

KsM715

TM 9-2320-260-34-1

Chapter 8, section 8-6 shows how to tear it down and also gives all the tolerences you need to know.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks