• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Manufacture Dates

willysmd

Hi Guys
Just for a bit of information, from what year were the M35's made from and when did they finish production, and I assume they started with the A1 until what?

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
The single rear wheel version, the M34, dates to 1949 - the M35 began in 1950. The "end" answer will vary - depending on whether you refer to U.S. military, or foreign sales vehicles. - US military production ended in 1987-88 (don't remember, and don't have my notes in front of me).....foreign sales a bit longer.

The sequence, with respect to the M35-type (longwheel base, dual rear wheels), conventional bed, was:

M35
M35A1
M35A2
M35A3 (no new builds, all rebuilds)

Note that the "A" suffixes vary with basic body type - a M109A3 won't have the same mechanical characteristics as a M35A3.

Hope this helps,
David Doyle

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
Re: RE: Manufacture Dates

DDoyle said:
The sequence, with respect to the M35-type ?LONG?wheel base, dual rear wheels), conventional bed, was:

M35
M35A1
M35A2

Note that the "A" suffixes vary with basic body type - a M109A3 won't have the same mechanical characteristics as a M35A3.

Hope this helps,
David Doyle
I added emphasis
Did you mean short wheelbase?

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Re: RE: Manufacture Dates

BFR said:
DDoyle said:
The sequence, with respect to the M35-type ?LONG?wheel base, dual rear wheels), conventional bed, was:

M35
M35A1
M35A2

Hope this helps,
David Doyle
I added emphasis
Did you mean short wheelbase?
Nope Joel, I meant long wheel base - almost everyone gets this wrong. According to the Army, Reo and AM General - the M35 etc. are long wheel base trucks. The M36-series are termed by the same sources as extra-long wheelbase - while short wheel base trucks include some dumps, some tractors, and some bolster trucks.

Hope this helps,
David

westfolk

RE: Re: RE: Manufacture Dates

David, I was wondering. The one truck I gave you info on, the REO M109. The only thing that is 1952 is the dash. Other than that it is identical to another one I have that is a 1974 M109A3. What would you call that? A major rebuild?

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor

Joseph,
I deliberately have deleted information that would tie a specific vehicle to a specific person. If you'll resend me the serial number of the M109 - then I can answer your question.

Best wishes,
David

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor

Joseph,
I deliberately have deleted information that would tie a specific vehicle to a specific person. If you'll resend me the serial number of the M109 - then I can answer your question.

Best wishes,
David