• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Many Forks in the Road

So the time has come for me to get my Oshkosh WT2206 home, or at least moved from Burns Or. I have a guy in my neck of the woods that can haul it back to me in N.Az. I would really like that as my first choice however it comes at a fair price, but alittle more than I have burning in my pocket.
I was going to have the air brakes ran to the back of my GMC Brig. But the DOT issues that would arise where more than I could stand. The rear of my truck has a Knuckle boom and winch attached and the frame/bumper would need major fabrication to pass inspection. So I was back to finding a transport for the Oshkosh, hence my quote from my friends transport.
I have decided to have a local truck concern pick it up at Burns and transport to Idaho Motor Pool, Alex has offered to go through it and access its condition. We have even spoke about the possibilty of having him sell it up there, snow country and all. It would be with regrets to sell however, I've been looking for this truck for a long time:(
I'm still holding out a small part of me for some SS help. In a perfect world, I would like the help of a member to do the pick-up and transport/drive to Idaho Motor Pool. At least then I could keep the money in the family so to speak, I'm paying dearly for the 120 mile Lowboy trip, would be nice to help a guy that has the skill set to get her to IMP. Second to have a members eyes and inspection skills involved just gives me a better handle on what I've bought(have not seen it yet)
Lastly I would like the groups thoughts and opinions on weather I should have Alex broker a sale of this sweet truck up in the great white north, or bring it home to me:) Any other transport or inspection help would be nice.
Thanks, Mark

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks