• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mardi Gras M936A2 style!

halftrack

As most of you may know it is Mardi Gras here in New Orleans. Boy, what a time it is.

I was invited by the Krewe of Thoth to have one of my trucks in the parade. Though I did this last year with the M35A2, I wanted something bigger in the parade (I had to try to out-do the NG with thier Hemtt with the boat on the back). The only other choice was the M936A2 which was not road tested or road proven. Now she is and she performed beautifully. Automatic is the way to go. No clutching needed and just let your foot off the brake. Eng temp stayed around 180 (185 was the highest) and tranny temp didn't go over 200.

Taking in consideration that I never drove the truck on main roads until yesterday, I was very nervous to do a parade but I figured it was a good way to brake her in.

I had my daughter, a NG buddy of mine (Thanks Elias for watching her while I drove), and few Marines. They had a blast and the crowd could of not been better. VERY patriotic in every aspect. They were feeding us and offering food and drink all the time (we must look too skinny or something) and saying thank you. A lot of USA chanting along the way. Made you feel real good.

Now for the negative. I have a bad O-ring in one off the CTIS valves and was leaking gear oil by the HUB. Besides looking neat, I think CTIS is impractical for the MV collector and I am about to wash my hands of it. BTW, when changing tires in preparation for the parade the CTIS is a PAIN IN THE A$$ to deal with.

Also, for some reason the truck is governed at exactly 35 mph and will not go over that. It seems that someone had adjusted the truck to go exactly at that speed with the right rpm of 2300 right were it will go as high as 3 gear and will not shift to 4 or 5. I need to figure that one out. Any help would be appreciated. I am sure it is a injector pump adjustment issue. This was a school truck so I am not surprised. Enjoy the pics.

Attachments

halftrack

I love it! Maiden voyage is in a parade!

thats throwing it to the wind.

good looking truck.
Thanks.

I know. I think I was pushing the limits of the truck gods. I was nervous unitl about the half-way point then my nerves settled down. I figured if it were to break down they would have one heck of a time moving it out of the way.

jrou111

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

Looks like Canal St. you had plenty of room, but in the Vieux Carre I bet it was a little tight with that big boy.

halftrack

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

Looks like Canal St. you had plenty of room, but in the Vieux Carre I bet it was a little tight with that big boy.
Good eye James. One of the pics is Canal Street. The others are taken on St. Charles. Driving the truck in the Garden District can be a feat by itself.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
might be the air governor from the crane/rear winch.. that one might have the spring in the wrong place or just stuck.. it happened to me first time i put on new ip in the m816. nice looking truck .. looks like you had a blast