• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Marine CARC Paint...........?

islandguydon

I have searched the threads and can not find a Marine CARC paint supplier. I want to paint a civi Holiday mansion CARC 383 Green. A fiberglass hull to work with. Does anyone know of such a beast.....?

KsM715

why 383? Ok that was dumb, I know its personal preference, but why not something in a darker OD like from the late 60's early 70's. Weren't PT boats painted in that?

usmc81301

I just got done painting my HMMWV in camo and I got all my CARC paint from Sherwin Williams. Just google industrial coatings like stated above and give them a call.

islandguydon

why 383? Ok that was dumb, I know its personal preference, but why not something in a darker OD like from the late 60's early 70's. Weren't PT boats painted in that?
This is a 39'' houseboat. I call it a floating barracks. Right now it needs some exterior cosmetics and I have a picture in my minds eye of 383 or darker & black trim. I like the look..

Attachments

islandguydon

Hey BOB, I had to bring your picture into photo shop to get a good view, Looks all two confusing. I think I was going to do the Green base and cattails all around. I built a 4 log pontoon boat and had it painted this way, It's my daily driver to shore. I can take a picture tomorrow if your interested.

DieselBob

I would like to see a picture when you have a chance. My stepson has had a house boat that he lived on for awhile and 2 or 3 pontoon boats.