• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Marine Corp vs Army humvees?

Baja Hummer Man

I have heard that if you purchase a marine corp humvee the title/SF97 maybe stamped offroad only, I recently purchased an M1097A2 army humvee and had small problems registering it, is this true?Has anyone ordered a regular title from gov planet, It shows it as an option and its double the SF97

Thunderbirds

I've bought a M1123, Marine truck from Yermo in March. Had it delivered in May and just got the SF97. It did not read "Off Road Only", and I took it to the local Treasurers' Office, and received license plates and registration, no problem. The title will be in the mail in 4 to 6 weeks. No issues here in South Dakota, registered it as a truck.

Good luck!

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The only ones I have seen lately are sub 10K trucks, both of the basic M998 trucks I bought had the off road stamp, all the 10K and higher trucks did not have the off road stamp.

If it says "sells with clean SF-97" you should be good to go. (depending on YOUR states attitude toward the HMMWV)

Fortunately Texas has a special exemption for the HMMWV with a GVWR UNDER 10K that allows regular title and regular plates even with the off road stamp.
If the GVWR is 10K or more than it would be a no go with the off road stamp in Texas as far as regular registration .

Awol

I thought they're all coming with clean SF97s now? I just bought a USAF truck and it was clean.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought they're all coming with clean SF97s now? I just bought a USAF truck and it was clean.
Did it have a GVWR of 10K or more? I bought a M998 a couple years ago with a GVWR of 7700 and it was stamped off road.

Jinx

I saw a couple trucks on a certain website listed as N1097. It's also stated on the data plate. Are they from the Navy? I can't seem to find anything online about an N designation...

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How are you liking that MRZR? I keep toying with buying one.
It's a fun toy. With the money I spent I could have bought a new RZR or Can Am but it seems that we all who share this hobby have serious issues LOL. I like it, not high speed but lots of torque. Does not get stuck in sand, very nice steering control and most important, looks cool behind the M1123. If you decide to buy and have any specific questions shoot this way and I will be more than happy to help. I believe RWH also bought one.
So far I replaced the Molle roofs and it was around $1,600.00. And tir3s another $700.00 or so. It is a money pit.