• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Marine trucks?

Gunnermac

Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Generally Seabee trucks are used, they don't sit around a vehicle park as a lot of Reserve or NG trucks do. I have been looking for a 5ton dump truck and have previewed a number of Seabee and Marine dump trucks at GL lots. Most will have 30,000+ miles and are pretty well used up. Don't know about now but during Vietnam, the Seabee's and the Marine Corps were at the azz end of the Navy's supply system and did the job with some pretty ragged equipment.

Gunner0311

Phase out...

I have two NG members that I work with and they tell me the Michigan Nat'l
Guard is phasing out all the dueces and 5-Tons as we speak. Replacing them
with the new 7-Ton(LRAC ?). I asked about spare parts and tires available to go on sale at auction, and was told their is so much inventory piled up it will take years
to get it all inventoried and cataloged for GL auctions...aua

:sad: They told me Camp Grayling has piles of tires and wheels lying about, out in the weather. Simply discarded as no longer useful....:drool:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks