• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Marine UIC numbers.

halftrack

For those who were inquiring: This is what I have.

UIC M00207 belongs to MWCS-28. It stands for Marine Wing Communication Squadron.
These are radio geeks and have all the comm. gear. It breaks down as this:

2nd MAW
MACG-28
MWCS-28

They are stationed at Cherry Point, NC.

As Far as M11006 is concerned. There is no listing for that UIC. This usually means that this was a detachment (splitting of a smaller unit) of a squadron and the Marines usually give them there own UIC to eliminate confusion. However, it will not be listed in the database because it is a unit created by a subordinate unit. That being said, it most likely belong to 2nd MAW because that is where the majority of Schotts vehicles seems to be coming from.

Hoped this helped. If you have anymore UICs out there just let me know.

Cdub

Hi Jason,

I have a club member of the MTA that would like to know if you can run his UIC number for him. He has no clue as to who the truck was assigned to in the Marines.

His number is M21420

Thanks for your help,

C'dub

halftrack

Cdub said:
Hi Jason,

I have a club member of the MTA that would like to know if you can run his UIC number for him. He has no clue as to who the truck was assigned to in the Marines.

His number is M21420

Thanks for your help,

C'dub
M21420 belongs to 2nd Marine Division, 2nd Tank Battalion, as known as "2nd Tanks". They are out of Camp Lejeune, NC.

Cdub

Hi Jason,

Thanks a Million.....!!!....

I just passed along the info to the MTA member and he is a very happy camper for sure.

seya,

Craig

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi Jason,
How do you read those numbers? I was a ground pounder, not a Motor T man, so I never learned the code. I had a guy explain it to me once a while back, but other than the first number being the MarDiv, his explanation doesn't make sense compared to Cdub's numbers. The numbers on my M813 are M21640, it came off LeJeune in 2002.
Cheers,
Rory

Cdub

That is the unit UIC (Unit Identification Code). When shipping vehicles or gear anywhere, whether CONUS (cont. United States) or overseas, that is the ID entered in our data base to help track who owns that gear.
I know all of this because I have access to mdss2 which has all the UIC’s listed. however, there is no way of deciphering the UIC just by looking at it. the marines use UIC instead of unit marking like the army to make them less identifiable to the enemy. I will find out more about that unit this week for you.
This is what Jason sent me in a PM. I thought I would share it with all of you and save him some time in trying to explain it all over again.

I thought the same as you Rory until Jason took the time to explain it to me. He sure is one heck of a great guy for taking the time for all of us, but now I can proudly display the 2nd Marine Air Wing flags on my five ton and share some of the history with others that are interested.

Cheers,

C'dub

halftrack

Codes

There are no real method to reading the UIC's. Being in logistics, I have a list (through a Marine Corps logistics program) of every UIC. It is impossible to remember all of them. I just look up UICs when someone ask about a particular one on the program.

halftrack

M21640 belongs to 2nd Marine Division, 8th Communications Battalion; also known as "8th Comm". These are radio geeks. They are based out of Camp Lejeune. They support II MEF and Marine Forces Atlantic.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Jason and Cdub,
And that makes perfect sense since some stuff in my truck had "8th Comm" stenciled on them.
Cheers...Rory

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks