• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Marines...... Good Experience or Bad???

jonesec1

As a former recruiter I have to let you know #1 that 61 is good to go. #2 When you join the Corps you are a Rifle man first Mechanic ect second . #3 There is no front line any more and if you join you will serve in a forward area! #4 if you do go for the training, you will have to pick a program not a specific Job e.g. Combat Arms which consists of Tank Crewman ,AAV Crewman and a few others that I cant remember. The same goes for a Mechanic program you could end up in any job that involves Maintenence. You wont know what you'll be doing until the last few weeks of Boot Camp.

In my case I have over 18 years of service, have served in 2 Combat tours, served AS A Recruiter in new jersey, Met my Wife had a wonderful Son, been given a reenlistment Bonus every Time I have reenlisted. I have met the most selfless awe inspiring men that I am proud to call my brothers. I have been promoted 8 times the first 5 of which was in the First 4 years. Been to over 20 countries most of which in peace which was a cruise.

If you join be warned if it not always easy but you will be challenged tested motivated and you will be sucessful. But bottom line my man it it the most Funest job that you could have and if you put 4 years in you will have a blast that you will remember for the rest of you life.

Hit me back with questions.

Later Evan

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks