• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Marines new ride - Growler

rockman

Attachments

sloride66

Uh...what?

So according to The Washington Post,2 million for a wannabe GPW and another million or so for the wannabe Bantam trailer?Per unit? What a bargain! Our tax dollars are being spent wisely again I see. Doh!

Capt.Marion

And it's just a pretty modded M151A2... Hell, they should just use the M151 as it was, they are plenty easy to drive, and learn to drive if you can't drive stick.

But, hey, its the US Gov't. Talking sense is like trying to catch a bucket of steam under the midnight sun...

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That vvehicle is about 80% M151A2 parts. I 'm sure I read aboput this years ago. What a ripp off for the US taxpayer. Should have bought a few M151s or even one of those Yamaha off road vehicles.

Chuck H

dc3coyote

Do you think we could just sell them back the GPWs? well after of course adjusting for storage, and the new inflation rates. We could sell them for only 700000, and call it a deal.
In 30 years we could sell them a Multifuel for $100000, and they would be happy.

m35tech

ya I read an article a long time ago the Growler was made for the replicar market and was selling for around 16K then, wow must be all the defense parts added onto it with the cost of the hammer and toilet seat...lol

steelandcanvas

Rebelpride

I agree that it looks cool for civilian offroading, but after reading about it I dont like it either. First there is no way this thing costs $209,000.00, maybe $50,000.00. Second there is no armor or doors and it will only do 45mph. Its a death trap AND a ripoff.

flmudder

from what i heard they overlooked other better vehicles , the c.e.o. of growler has the inside track some how . :evil: pisses me off. how many people will get hurt /killed in this underpowered unarmored p.o.s. :cry: just my 2 cents

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks