• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Marker lights

seatea777

Howdy,

My headlights (high and low beam), black out lights, brake lights, and turn signals work fine.

However, the side clearance lights, front ambers, and rear reds do turn on as they should in the "stop light" and "service drive" mode.

I have tried a different light switch and have the same results.

Going to spend a bit of time this weekend tracking down the issue.

Any input is much appreciated, thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can you please re-read your post and make corrections? It appears you have no problem.

Clearance and marker lamps do not light in "stop light".

NormB

Schematics are in volume 3 of the unit maintenance manuals.

Look for the one for your vehicle.

Trace grounds, disconnect grounds to brush contacts clean with a small stainless steel or brass brush (like from a gun cleaning kit pull) pull all bulbs and clean connections and treat every one with Deoxit or similar material upon reassembly.

The hood definitely has its own ground circuit, the ones to the brakes may be different from side markers (I've looked over the schematic, am going to Kinko's tomorrow to have it printed out larger than life with high-resolution so I can read the &#*$^$% numbers.

Good luck, have fun.

seatea777

Schematics are in volume 3 of the unit maintenance manuals.

Look for the one for your vehicle.

Trace grounds, disconnect grounds to brush contacts clean with a small stainless steel or brass brush (like from a gun cleaning kit pull) pull all bulbs and clean connections and treat every one with Deoxit or similar material upon reassembly.

The hood definitely has its own ground circuit, the ones to the brakes may be different from side markers (I've looked over the schematic, am going to Kinko's tomorrow to have it printed out larger than life with high-resolution so I can read the &#*$^$% numbers.

Good luck, have fun.
Thanks for the input! Should be an interesting day :)

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You should study TM9-2320-280-20.
Pin H on the light switch connector is wire 21A which branches to the rear to feed 21C, 21E 489A and 489B at the lights. Pin H goes forward as wire 491A to feed the hood harness. Sounds like since all the lights are faulty, the problem is very near pin H on the light switch.

NormB

You should study TM9-2320-280-20.
Pin H on the light switch connector is wire 21A which branches to the rear to feed 21C, 21E 489A and 489B at the lights. Pin H goes forward as wire 491A to feed the hood harness. Sounds like since all the lights are faulty, the problem is very near pin H on the light switch.
Question: how does one go about getting a HIGH resolution copy of the TMs with the wiring diagrams?

I just got back from kinko's where I was going to print out page 1160 of TM-9-2320-280-20-3 (Unit Maint Book 3) and even enlarged it's nearly impossible to read the numbers on the circuits.

Just as well, neither of the employees there knew how to use the large format printer anyway.

This is a TM I downloaded from this site.

Any ideas, suggestions, other locations?

Thanks.

seatea777

Thanks again for the input...fixed it a few days back but just now getting around to the update.

Finally took apart all the light housings (corroded screws fun to deal with...). Surprisingly, every single bulb on that circuit was busted. Replaced all and works like it should now.

I find it weird that the only non-working bulbs were on that circuit.

Wire Fox

Thanks again for the input...fixed it a few days back but just now getting around to the update.

Finally took apart all the light housings (corroded screws fun to deal with...). Surprisingly, every single bulb on that circuit was busted. Replaced all and works like it should now.

I find it weird that the only non-working bulbs were on that circuit.
On mine, they had removed the stop light bulbs. Just weren't there at all... I swapped in the running light bulbs into them just to make sure the circuits were good and everything ended up being ok.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks