• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Maryland Military Vehicle Campout

rideni

CHANGE OF LOCATION
We will be holding this at Actionfigurebob's farm in Ellicott City do to the DNR being idiots and cecil dragway not letting us race.

You can call 1-888-432-CAMP to cancel
IAR 11-5-09

I was thinking sometime in October or early November we could do a Military Vehicle Group Campout. I'm not sure where yet, but MD has some great late camping weather. Load up some deuces and do a weekend in the woods.
Anyone up for this?
Edit on 9-22-09IAR
Tentative Date November 13-15th 2009
With the grudge match drag racing of MV's on friday night at the cecil county dragway

Last edited:

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You may want to rethink your timing because there is a fairly big rally planned for Rausch Creek in PA in October. A campout would be cool, though!

rideni

holy crap I didn't realize that Rausch Creek was so close to Maryland. Its only about 100 miles for me one way.
I may do it if there is caravan that I can hook up with for most of the way in case crap goes wrong

jmh4x4

I would be interested but it does seem like a hectic time of the year, I was hopeing to go to Rausch Creek, but that ended up being my first aniversery and the wife already has plans for the ENTIRE weekend:roll:

she didnt buy the romantic weekend in the woods, waking up to the sound of turbos in the morning, and falling asleep with the smell of diesel fuel I was trying to sell her on.

If something works out, I would deff. be in.

Crazyguypa

I'd be interested also. Sept and Oct are pretty much a no go for me with the plant shutdown during that timeframe. Would be nice to get one last use of the MKT for the year though.

rideni

jhm4x4, I saw you driving in your truck when I was helping my friend move.
Dudley tell those guys not to strike you work too hard and much as it is.

Far as date I'm thinking November 6-8 or November 13-15. October is too busy with Rausch Creek, and we don't want to be away from home on haloween weekend, well I don't becuase of those damn kids in my neighborhood. Also we want the guy with the MKT to be there:wink:.
As far as location that is too to be determined. I was thinking Elk Neck State Park, Which has a great rifle, shotgun, and pistol range for use with minimal fee(~$5/day IIRC)
The camping prices are reasonable.
Campsite: $25/night
Campsite with electric: $30/night
Campsite with electric, water and sewer: $35
Camper cabins: $50/night
Rustic cabins: $50/night
They Will allow deuce(or RV) camping as well as tent in the same general area.
If we want to do this I can put in a reservation for a campsite for the group.

powerhouseduece

You can put me down for the 13-15th. It will give me time to get the m818 running and tagged along with my popup camper. Ill take a spot with water and electric cause I'm a sissy and I might have the oldlady with me.

I guess wait and see how many people we can get tougher cause o think there are lot of people can't make it to roush creek lik myself

rideni

Well I'm thinking November 13-15 would be best, would be a great fall camp out, warm clothes and a warm fire.
How about that for a date?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks