• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Maryland Tractor Pulls

Jakelc15

Here are the dates and info for the Tractor Pulls this year at the county fair.

All are on Saturdays with the rain date being the following day (sunday)

April 25
September 18 5:00pm reg. 6:00 Pull
October 3

Registration starts at 11:00am
Pull starts at 12:00 noon

Lots of antique tractors, fun to watch, 4H club usually selling food.
Spring/Fall Craft festival is also April 25 and Oct. 3
County Fair is Sept. 16-20

Anne Arundel County Fair Grounds
1450 Generals Hwy. Rt. 178 Crownsville Md. 21032

http://www.aacountyfair.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=16&Itemid=22

I went last year in April. I was the only one there with a truck! Maybe someone would like to join me and we can have a pull off!
I pulled a 10,000lb class 296ft of 300.

Let me know if you want to go. I'll talk to the president of the club and see if we can get a class of our own.
I think it cost $10

Here's a little video, not the best quality.

crazyplowboy

Looks like fun. What gear did you use? I've been getting bugged by my friends about maybe pulling my Deuce this year and don't want to look like a complete idiot if I end up doing it.

Jakelc15

I think I used low 2nd, front engaged. Went until I spun all 10. Probably would have helped to have some weight in the back. Would be neat to see the difference with duels over singles and maybe even a bob too!

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I can see the pull off now between myself and my son's. Sean and I fear the little one with all of the brains and the ability to dial in the boost. We are dead meat!!

powerhouseduece

I can see the pull off now between myself and my son's. Sean and I fear the little one with all of the brains and the ability to dial in the boost. We are dead meat!!

You can count me in! Ill try to go easy on you guys! I hope I can get the wolford brothers there with there pair of pro mod pullers! I guess I got to get my pyro hooked up now!

I wonder if we can make a MV meet out of it. Also I wonder how a M939 would do? you know who you are!

Last edited:

dm22630

I tried TWICE to pull at my countys fair & both times I wasnt allowed because I had "dual rear tandem axles".

You might want to check with whoever is running it, before you show up wanting to pull.

2cents

Jakelc15

I'll e-mail the president of the Antique Tractor Club tonight when I get home from work. As I said before I pulled last year at the April event. I plan to be there in April again this year. Atleast now I have tags on my truck and don't have to worry about the local leo. I will also have a shackle with me large enough for the oversize pintle on most of our trucks, everyone is welcome to use it too. We will have to wait for all the Antique tractors to pull first and then we can hook up to the sled. The track and equipment is owned/operated by the tractor club. They're a good group of guys and are very serious about the competition. They're really kinda funny to watch.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I tried TWICE to pull at my countys fair & both times I wasnt allowed because I had "dual rear tandem axles".

You might want to check with whoever is running it, before you show up wanting to pull.

2cents
I will do that. Smart move to check and see if P/H/DEUCE is there. If so, I sit in the stands and watch, rather that lose to my kid.... He is too smart for being 21!!!

Jakelc15

I got an e-mail back this morning. He said come on down! He also said not to bring anything bigger than a deuce. This will be a just for fun pull. You won't get any awards or anything.
So I need a head count on about how many are going to come. This is for the April 25 @ 11:00am. Plan to be there a couple of hours.

powerhouseduece

I got an e-mail back this morning. He said come on down! He also said not to bring anything bigger than a deuce. This will be a just for fun pull. You won't get any awards or anything.
So I need a head count on about how many are going to come. This is for the April 25 @ 11:00am. Plan to be there a couple of hours.

So I would think that a m818 would be out of the question?

Jakelc15

Well a 5ton tractor doesn't "look" much bigger than a deuce with cargo cover on!

Do you have a 818 anyway?
A bob would be neat.

powerhouseduece

Well a 5ton tractor doesn't "look" much bigger than a deuce with cargo cover on!

Do you have a 818 anyway?
A bob would be neat.
I think there is one in my near future! Also im building a bobber at my shop right now, just running short on time! You can stop by and check it out if you want.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks