• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Master cylinder breather tube on a M101A3

jbmilart

Hey fellas... I have to replace a missing master cylinder breather tube on my new 101A3 trailer...

Question: What is the diameter of the breather tube?

Question: What kind of metal is the tube made from?

Question: Does the breather tube need any special ends attached to it... or just by flaring the ends?

Question: Is there another way to vent the master cylinder other than using this breather tube system?

Last edited:

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes there is. You can get a chamber breather like on the A101A2 or get a civilian cap that has small holes drilled in it as I did. The civilian caps for the early 60s CJ-5 will fit as it was a very common master cylinder. Mine was for a 50s Ford. Hope this helps.

Mark

Master-Cap.jpg

maeter cap.jpg
20130823_114825.jpg

Last edited:

jbmilart

Can you just unscrew the original master cylinder tube assembly and replace it with the A2 breather cap... without much modification to the A3? If this is so... are there any guys here has an extra A2 cap I can purchase for this fix? I really don't think the A3 tube system was a very wise or stable replacement for the original A2 master cylinder cap. Just my opinion...

Jim

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The M101A2 and the M101A3 use the same master. The venting system was changed from the A2 chamber cap to the vent line cap on the A3. either cap will work. The line vent seems to be the best system to be water proof and give normal atmospheric pressure to the master reservoir (14.7 PSI at sea level also = 1 Bar). The chamber vent cap has been used for many many years and will serve you just fine. The civilian vent is fine save heavy fording.

Mark

Last edited:

jbmilart

Thanks Mark... for all you research... very much appreciate the info... maybe I'll just try to fix the one I have now... making a new breather tube doesn't look too difficult to make... just need the proper diameter of the metal tube... make a couple of bends in the tube, a couple of flanges at the ends, rubber washers... add one short rubber hose to the end and attach to the fitting... check for leaks! I hope it's as easy as I just stated...

Jim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks