• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Master cylinder look out

tiger422

Just a heads up on the master cylinder on winch trucks.
My master cyl. was leaking dripping fluid all over the place.
When I removed the bolts holding the PTO lever on fluid came running out the bolt holes. I didn't think it should leak from there so took a closer look when removed. The holes are supposed to be blind no leaks.
I found the bolts used to hold PTO bracket were to long and forced in hard enough to break out back of holes.
I replaced master cyl. and used shorter bolts.

Jim

wsucougarx

Yikes, good to know. Good info especially for those putting winch kits on their trucks. Another tidbit of info is the '87 and up deuces do not require the PTO shift lever bracket!!. The bracket is built into the master cylinder on the split brake master cylinder.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks