• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Master Cylinder problem slow to release

TGP (IL)

Ok I rebuilt the brakes on the A1 and installed a new Gov. issue NOS master Cyl.
Purchased here.
Problem is the brakes are slow to release and drag for a bit before returning to normal.

Now when I benched bled the master I noticed the piston was or seemed stuck.
Once it moved in it didn't want to return. I worked it a little and seemed to get better, so I installed it.
In hindsight I should have taken apart and checked.

The Master looked Great and what appeared to be fluid residue I assumed for protection.

So was that some kind of protection that should have been cleaned out?
TM's didn't mention it from what I could find, and no paper in the box warning of it,
like I have seen with other parts in the past.

Did I just get a one of a kind unit or has this been a problem for others?

Now I notice I can release air from the air-pack at the rear trailer valve, but after reading about,
The air-pack and understanding how it works I'm sure this relates to the MC holding pressure on the air valve not letting it exhaust.

Tom

TGP (IL)

I have seen Nos parts have corrosion issues internally.
Yes I too. But this thing was spotless inside the reservoir and out.
Like I said I know I should have opened it up but it was working better and I thought it would loosen up.
I guess I should buy a kit and go from there.
Wow, I hate to do the same thing twice!
Thanks,
TGP

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks