• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Master Vehicle Light Switch

ARYankee

Well I thought I would catch a break and get a deal on the new style light switches (MVLS). I find them every so often on EBay but they seem rare so I found the manuafacturer and actually contacted their sales but it turns out they only sell to Govt or OEM. Now I'm thinking of either contacting one of our more known parts vendors and seeing if they could strike a deal with them or I could see about claiming to be an OEM.

I'm curious to see how many folks would be interested in purchasing one to see what the demand would be. I also wonder if anyone else has any leads on getting one or any ideas.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I HATE the new style switches. After having a hard ground in one and taking a week to track it down, and another one that caught fire while I was on the road, No thanks!

ARYankee

Wow!! That really blows. Now that is the input I need as well. I hadn't heard much feedback about them. I was going by coolness factor on looks :) It doesn't look feasible anyways unless I am a Govt entity or OEM.

steelandcanvas

I can operate a 3 lever with one hand and keep my eyes on the road at the same time. I don't care for the new style units. Too many things to go wrong on a dark highway.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had one in my M275A2 and it worked flawlessly. I kept it when I sold the truck but the novelty of it had passed and I never re-installed it. A fellow member needed one so I sold it. They are quite cool.

I have never had a problem with any of mine. Some guys at rallies see them and tell me they suck, but when questioned never have anything to back it up. I have seen many three lever switches fail too.
I have bought mine from surplus dealers or E-bay, but you could try these guys if you want new.
Optimum Vehicle Logistics - Inventory
There is a nice data sheet linked to the site.
http://optimumvl.com/Data/Sites/1/contentDocuments/mvlsg3041211.pdf
I have paid around $50 for the ones I got, I think the new ones will be a bit more.

ARYankee

Thank you drgreg. I contacted the manufacturer and they wouldn't sell to me. I just asked for a quote for 2 from OVL so I'll see what happens.

ARYankee

Here is an update. This is what I was quoted:

Part Number - 9375-00-117
Qty 1 - $269.00 + shipping to Arkansas
Delivery – 3 weeks
Payment terms – Prepay
Ground cable included
Condition - FN

Price breaks consided for qty 1000 and higher.

BlizzardX23

lol...$300 for cool factor...gimme a break

It's one thing to spend money on cool factor (purchasing the TRUCK)...but the light switch doesn't do anything special compared to the old one.

I had them in our LMTV...and was going to put one on my HEMTT..but the cool factor wore off and I never got around to it.. I could understand spending $50..but $270?? pass...

We've had a few catch fire on our vehicles...but just like anything else...the more complicated you make something..the easier it is to fail...that's all...no biggie

steelandcanvas

Here is an update. This is what I was quoted:
Part Number - 9375-00-117
Qty 1 - $269.00 + shipping to Arkansas
Delivery – 3 weeks
Payment terms – Prepay
Ground cable included
Condition - FN
Price breaks consided for qty 1000 and higher.
Way too rich for my blood! But they do offer a price break for 1000 units plus. :roll: But as I've indicated earlier, I still prefer the 3 lever. ;-)

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
There was a OLD style that grounded INTERNALLY to the dash with the mounting screws and the new style that has the ground cable for a external separate ground. It seems that the early ones are the ones that shorted and caught fire. So make SURE you get the NEW STYLE

BlizzardX23

lol....say what you want...and out of the couple hundred vehicles we had in the motorpool...the electronic switches were the only ones that ever had any major problems...

Not sure how many Military Vehicles are in your motorpool...but maybe your a better 63Bravo than myself..is so, congrats :beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks