• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Master Vehicle Light Switch

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I HATE the new style switches. After having a hard ground in one and taking a week to track it down, and another one that caught fire while I was on the road, No thanks!
I also had one to catch fire. Luckily I was in the truck when it went up. Burnt my hand pretty good trying to disconnect it though. It had the external ground wire.

It's not fun when going down the road the cab fills full of smoke and flames start coming from under the dash. I think I'll pass.

Last edited:

WrightContracting

M915a1

Hope everyone is doing alright. I am new to SS, so bear with me. I have purchased a 5 ton dump and most recently an 83 M915A1, great truck, but I have been having trouble with the turn signals:

I have all running lights, including blackout, but no turn signals or flashers.

I replaced the universal signal control on the column, reset the breakers, and tried replacing the relays for the signals.

Any help would greatly be appreciated !

Thanks

Joe

steelandcanvas

Hope everyone is doing alright. I am new to SS, so bear with me. I have purchased a 5 ton dump and most recently an 83 M915A1, great truck, but I have been having trouble with the turn signals:
I have all running lights, including blackout, but no turn signals or flashers.
I replaced the universal signal control on the column, reset the breakers, and tried replacing the relays for the signals.
Any help would greatly be appreciated !
Thanks
Joe
You should probably start your own thread on this subject or use the search feature. Lots of threads have been written about troubleshooting flashers/turn signals. The thread subject here is the pros and cons of the electronic light swich. Yell for help when/if you need it.:D

Welder Sam

TJ, Ive got one on the shelf and one one the way. These arent for sale bro. You're welcome to come by and we'll put it in so you can try it before you buy it. I sent you a link to one for sale the other day

Welder Sam

did u ever install the one i gave u? ground it first! then hook up the friggin huge wiring connector. i dunno if this helps but its better to be safe than have a pos hanging there2cents

ARYankee

did u ever install the one i gave u? ground it first! then hook up the friggin huge wiring connector. i dunno if this helps but its better to be safe than have a pos hanging there2cents
Lol!!! No :) You know me. I'm too busy buying more MVs and doing other stuff. I'll see if I can't take 20 minutes out of my schedule this weekend and slap it in. Well let me up that to 45 min because I have to find where I put the switch first.

Augi

I have one that came in my HMMWV and I like it a lot. Selling point for me is that it lights up at night so you can tell what you are doing.

Augi

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks