• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Material handling gear for MK17 with crane

bigmellon

Hey guys! The crane is now functional and more awesome in person that I could have imagined. Now that I have it working, and the truck is tooling around... I need to get myself some gear so that I can load up some good stuff and haul it around! I need some advice... WHat does the military use on these to grab stuff? There is a single attachment on this thing (and no clevis on it).

I have a WAJAX on my RBU. I know, not ideal (because it doesn't have the integrated winch cable for load height adjustment) but I need some help finding good stuff.

The things I want to pick with the crane:
- Machine tools (lathes / mills)
- Pallets of goods
- odd sized large metal objects

The lifting capacity is 12,500 lbs max, 9500 lbs at full extension. I obviously need a big ol' hook and some chains. But I have been looking for some rigging to grab pallets of materials. What are you guys using? What is the military using? I am attaching an image of a crane based pallet fork, but it doesn't looks like that is collapsable for hauling on the truck for normal days.

You guys have any ideas for good gear? Preferably something that will fit in the attached boxes on the side of the MK17 RBU.
08-2005 PH20 0112.jpgIMG_6315.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks