• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Materials for HMMWV M998?

foxtrot

Hi,
I am interested in this radio set, however I cannot identify the model of the power supply and amplifier on the photo, can you help me?
The seller is not cooperative.
I want to install the radio in my M998.
I have TM 11-5820-498-12 on hand.
My question is what radio configuration is possible with this hardware?
I have an MX-6707/VRC antenna
In the future I would like to add radio/intercom equipment.

Last edited:

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hi,
I am interested in this radio set, however I cannot identify the power supply and amplifier model on the photo, can you help me?
The seller is not cooperative.
I want to install the radio in my M998.
I have TM 11-5820-498-12 on hand.
My question is what radio configuration is possible with this hardware?
I have an MX-6707/VRC antenna
In the future I would like to add radio/intercom equipment.

Opinions are like other parts of the anatomy where everyone has one...

BUT you mentioned "The seller is not cooperative." and if he/she isn't cooperative my opinion is that they know nothing about the hardware other than the name and what they could web search for a price. It may work and it may not - chances on the NOT is definitely possible.

Price needs to me a major factor. A few hundred bucks will buy you a dead radio just for looks. You could take a gamble and could end up with a working radio. These days it is getting more and more difficult to find somebody with the skills...

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like a AM-1777 amplifier base. Takes a MT-1029 mount and will go on your HMMWV radio shelf just fine. That setup would have been installed in HMMWVs back in the 80's. Replaced by SINCGARS.