• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Max Obtainable Hydraulic Pressure on 925A2 Hydraulic System?

tobyS

Yep, I would get rid of the spare myself as I don't go that far from my home base that I couldn't go get all the stuff I would need, with blocking likely to be way more than I carry on board anyway.

You must be thinking of cutting or trimming the rear frame to come in a foot. I wanted to stay out of too much rear frame alteration and decided that the clevis attachment made a good pivot point. Yea, I see a shorter stroke would maintain the triangle by whatever distance in from the end, but I can't see only 10' (120").

74M35A2

The frame of the truck does not extend all the way to the back of the bed. This is how the pintle hitch is tucked under the bed, as that is the final cross-member, right at the end of the frame rails. This is located 1 foot in from the rear bed edge (tailgate), and where I would fabricate my dump hinges, effectively making the equation a 13' from a geometry perspective. Maybe on your vehicle the frame rails extend to the rear of the bed edge? On an M923/5, they do not.

Csm Davis

The frame of the truck does not extend all the way to the back of the bed. This is how the pintle hitch is tucked under the bed, as that is the final cross-member, right at the end of the frame rails. This is located 1 foot in from the rear bed edge (tailgate), and where I would fabricate my dump hinges, effectively making the equation a 13' from a geometry perspective. Maybe on your vehicle the frame rails extend to the rear of the bed edge? On an M923/5, they do not.
74M35A2 you will have to remove the bumpers and might have to make a clearance cutout for the pintle hitch.

74M35A2

Understood. Bumpers were in the dumpster 10 minutes after I got the truck home. Hated the way they looked, much better now. I'll remember to check pintle clearance, thanks for the notice.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks