• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

May be buying this '84 1009...but....

firefirefire90

I gotta say I don't get this thread. They don't all have rust especially on the west coast. Transmissions are easy to swap in a couple hours and cheap. Go to a body shop and ask their hourly rate. I'd do a transmission swap in a second before fixing rust. If it has rust i'd avoid it period.
That is a big negative. Mine is and always has been a west coast truck and has rust. Remember looking at trucks from bases based near the ocean, they will see extensive moisture. Mine has some rust here and there, and it's been on the west coast since 86'!

Gottlos

Former 95B Ft Sam Houston
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If thats the place I think it is...He rents the trucks out to movie companies, so they all get a nice paint job when he gets them. Dont let the nice paint fool you, check over everything!

It sure looks like that place. If it is, that's where my M1009 came from. I paid less than what the OP is planning on paying. Had a small electrical problem to trace out and the transmission vacuum modulator and some vacuum lines needed replacement. There was a small amount of rust under the rubber floor mat that I took care of. Everything else I've done was elective.