• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Maybe I'll Keep It!?

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you going to use the planetary gears as well? How about converting the Deuce axles to portal ends with the planetaries? Plenty of ag tractors used them; I just saw a JD orchard sprayer that had some serious portal axles & planetaries up around Modesto several days ago while heading home.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The hubs aren't for sale, only the wheels and tires. I figure since it will be driven mostly around town it and the gas will be turned up on it, I might need extra cooling for the engine. I found a couple of cool, lightweight radiators I can plumb into the top tank to give it more coolant capacity.

Attachments

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Inter coolers for the twin turbos. Make more power !!! I can't believe no one questioned the cast iron spacers ???
Nah, no twin turbos, just upgrading the stocker for a Holset air actuated VGT off a 565HP Cummins, twin turboing would just be more to go wrong. As for the cast iron sewer pipe spacers, I asked earlier if TIG welding them would be good since TIG looks cool as will the truck when I'm done :driver: I could just braze them.

POWERSTROKIN, your avitar gives me an idear....lemme see if I can dig something up outa the garage.

Hole, how are your cutting and welding skills? I know you prolly have some scrap ends of 12x12s in the wood pile, I might need some to use as shims on my floor jack, I don't hhink it goes as high as the truck needs to go to get the springs changed out

BLK HMMWV

Will don't tell me your thinking of adding the 5 second energy bottle to the mix You might just have to dial the IP back a bit . I know how you like the Deuces Wild theme . You planning on running some kind of kevlar diaper on that baby to catch all the pieces your tranny spits out?

3dAngus

Cast iron sewer pipe was a dead giveaway.

Anyway I seriously doubt you will ever get it up to 72mph. The best I get with my tires like that is 66.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks