• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Maybe the last charging system question

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Batteries tested - fully charged. The light was more of a flicker than full on - like when the key is turn on waiting for the glow plug light.
I may have “solved” the problem - I put an aftermarket alternator in the #2 slot and no light flicker. This all started with an .83 parasitic drain that lessen to a .03 with just a new battery. It is still at .03
View attachment 852120
Great!! So you replaced the alternator and now it doesn't flash anymore...can't beat that! Probably had a bad diode in there!

cucvrus

I just wanted to put this out there for you. I have a CUCV plow truck that has been pushing snow and dragging a spreader for the past 25 years. It is in rough condition and just had a $2000. transmission overhaul and keeps on plowing and spreading away. But the electrical system was a nightmare. It would not charge one day and the next day it would charge. I changed the printed circuit board on the cluster and it worked a few years and then it started acting up again. I grew tired of the failure. I spoke with a man at the local alternator/starter rebuilding shop and he said he could set up the alternators to charge with no idiot lights. I was game. I dropped off the truck and he did the repairs. I have never had an issue again. Strange enough the 2 generator lights work now and the no charge never happened again. The cab corners are rusted up to the door handles and this truck will die as a plow truck but it still works well and as long as someone else has to drive it I am happy. Good Luck. I hope that helps someone. Happy Holidays. 007jack storage.jpg

Rrent

I just wanted to put this out there for you. I have a CUCV plow truck that has been pushing snow and dragging a spreader for the past 25 years. It is in rough condition and just had a $2000. transmission overhaul and keeps on plowing and spreading away. But the electrical system was a nightmare. It would not charge one day and the next day it would charge. I changed the printed circuit board on the cluster and it worked a few years and then it started acting up again. I grew tired of the failure. I spoke with a man at the local alternator/starter rebuilding shop and he said he could set up the alternators to charge with no idiot lights. I was game. I dropped off the truck and he did the repairs. I have never had an issue again. Strange enough the 2 generator lights work now and the no charge never happened again. The cab corners are rusted up to the door handles and this truck will die as a plow truck but it still works well and as long as someone else has to drive it I am happy. Good Luck. I hope that helps someone. Happy Holidays. View attachment 852191
I’ve never done so much testing and have come to believe there is some voodoo involved…

Rrent

The alternator shop put in a new regulator, rectifier, and a condenser (the condenser was not previously replaced) in the factory alternator #2. I’ll put it on the truck soon - fingers crossed.

Rrent

The alternator shop put in a new regulator, rectifier, and a condenser (the condenser was not previously replaced) in the factory alternator #2. I’ll put it on the truck soon - fingers crossed.
Still the same - I am running the aftermarket alternator with no pulsating gen2 light.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks