• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MBT trailer?

hambone

I think it's a MBT, just getting into the research, shackles are bolted, not riveted and upper shock mounts are held on by nut not cotter pin, has correct lunette and correct brake handle but it doesn't have the grab handles. the data plate is missing, so I think I have to remove the front left shackle mount to find the serial number?

hambone

Well after a little research, turns out I have a very rare Converto T6, assembled in March 1945, del. to the US Navy, the WWll trailer guru said he only has three or four documented:grin:, will keep you posted on the resto.

JohnJuan

No reproduction parts that I'm aware of, watched my dad and one of his friends restore it back in the 1990's. It is a 1/4 Ton Converto T-6 "Non Tailgate", the Converto T-7 is a 1/4 Ton with a tailgate. Then of course there is the well known 1/2 Converto dump trailers.

hambone

That is a nice trailer JJ, very rare also, hope mine looks that good one day, post it on the G503 and Chuck will respond, very helpful with your questions. Thanks, Hambone

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks