• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MBU burner for MKT Kitchen trailer

jatonka

I am maitaining my MBU burners for 2 kitchen trailers and am running out of in tank fuel filters. Can anyone help me find filters? P/N 038052-08. Measurements: 1.920 long, .854 OD, .382 ID one end. The other end is closed. Paper element with metal ends. Thank you in advance, John T

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
John,
Do you have a bad fuel supply? Normal maintenance is to replace the air filter after 300 hours, and the igniter after 1000 hours. In tank fuel filters is normally on an as-needed basis after using contaminated fuel. Can you try to backflush the ones you have and see what caused them to gunk up? If so try using pure kerosene filtered down to 2 microns as a flush solution. My burners normally only get about one week of service a year, so I'm still a long way from needing to do routine maintenance. I know they run a lot better if kept full between uses. YMMV.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jason,
I've actually been using OTR diesel which I usually put some Dieselkleen in (added to the 5 gallon cans before I fill them). Have not had a problem that I'm aware of yet. I did use kerosene early on when it was cheaper than OTR diesel, but that has been five years or so.

jasonjc

Here are some more part numbers for the fuel filters:

Facet 03852
03852-08* or 10m* or -42
28115G
Purolator 1762943*
Filter-mart 02-0022
Fluitek P080210U6
Killer Filter KF113-5707
National Filter PAM62351-2-10P-V

The ones with " * " are part numbers taken off NOS filters
The new one's I found are running $8-10 each

Last edited:

YurtGuy

These are old posts, does anyone have recent knowledge or sources for air and fuel filters for the MKT-99 kitchen burners? MBU v3. Or another other parts for this kitchen trailer? Also info on the battery unit
thanks

Guyfang

Staff member
If you want parts, open a "Parts Wanted" thread. Forum rules, and you get better visibility. And if looking for info, try looking in the TM forum. Or rereading this thread. Lots of people here can help you. If it were me, I would be rereading post #4, for a good source of info.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks