• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MBU Control knob binds up.

pro_scouter

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I haved an issue where the control knob on my MBU V3 binds up if I use the unit in an oven. Is locks up in the full open position and seems to freeze.
I have 2 of these now and don't want to use the oven with another one if it's going to kill a third MBU.
Does anyone have any thoughts?

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's not that you put it in an oven. I've had a couple of them bind up so that they would not turn down to the heat setting I wanted to use while at the GA Rally. When I got home and was checking/cleaning everything, they all worked fine! The bouncy 130 mile ride unfroze it is all I can figure. Unhook yours from power and see if you can turn them (might have to wait 24 hours if there is a capacitor holding a charge or a locking pin). Alkso, read the troubleshooting procedures in the Operator's TM (which I'm not going to do for you).

pro_scouter

Steel Soldiers Supporter
good advice. I did resad the manula and will go through it again. Darn thing wont even move now..... It's frozen up. I wonder if there is a different fuel I should be using or an additive I should use.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I use diesel, and always have. Teleflex says to use JP8, which is a highly refined (read NO water remaining) kerosene with an antifreeze, biocide and corrosion inhibitor in it.

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am having the same issue with one mbu under the griddle. I have been using it on and off all day today. The last time I used it I had it on ultra low just to keep something warm and when I came back out to clean the griddle the knob was locked up tight. I disconnected power and will wait to see what happens. The other one is working fine. The burner only has 3 hours on it. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks. One more thing I am using straight diesel.