• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MBU Problems

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I cannot get any of my MBU's to turn on. Tried two different power supplies, which are producing 26.6 volts at the end of the cord that plugs into the MBU. So far 8 different MBU's simply do not go through the startup sequence, the display remains 'dead'. Two of the units I used last October, and they were working then without any problems. The TM's assume they light up and show an error code. All units stored inside, out of the weather. Any ideas?

I cannot get any of my MBU's to turn on. Tried two different power supplies, which are producing 26.6 volts at the end of the cord that plugs into the MBU. So far 8 different MBU's simply do not go through the startup sequence, the display remains 'dead'. Two of the units I used last October, and they were working then without any problems. The TM's assume they light up and show an error code. All units stored inside, out of the weather. Any ideas?
Mike,
Have not been on site in a long while, just came across your thread. I was wondering if you had any more 4 wire MBU cables? I purchased 1 from you years ago. Now trying to sell 3 of my MKT's and I am in need of MBU Cables. Speaking of which, have you tried another cable?

John

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike,
Have not been on site in a long while, just came across your thread. I was wondering if you had any more 4 wire MBU cables? I purchased 1 from you years ago. Now trying to sell 3 of my MKT's and I am in need of MBU Cables. Speaking of which, have you tried another cable?

John
Been out of cables for a couple of years, would like to pick up a four outlet one myself. At 77, I am having second (and third) thoughts about letting someone far younger take the MKT's over. It's time!

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike,

Have you checked for power at the ends of the cord once plugged into the converter? That definitely sounds like a power cable or power converter issue and not MBU. I could see one not working, but all 8? I may have a griddle/burner side in my MKT stuff, for sure NOS 2 burner cables. Let me know if I can help.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike,

Have you checked for power at the ends of the cord once plugged into the converter? That definitely sounds like a power cable or power converter issue and not MBU. I could see one not working, but all 8? I may have a griddle/burner side in my MKT stuff, for sure NOS 2 burner cables. Let me know if I can help.
There is power and correct voltage at the 'end' of the cables and at each branch outlet. I have MBU's that do work on those cables, including the ones I got from you. Maybe when I get some 'round toits' I'll get it figured out.

Been out of cables for a couple of years, would like to pick up a four outlet one myself. At 77, I am having second (and third) thoughts about letting someone far younger take the MKT's over. It's time!
Good morning Mike. I appreciate your reply. Sad but true, I am getting tired myself, just don't have the energy to set up and tear down, as in years past. Attempting to bring 1 of the MKT's down to the Gilbert, Pa Show in September. Lot of work, before and after the show, as you are well aware of. Maybe I will get lucky and someone will buy it at the show! Take care Mike.

John

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks