• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MCAS - Miramar Air Show

Gottlos

Former 95B Ft Sam Houston
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I came up with a concept image of how I may display my M1009. Less the trailer. I only need to aquire the labels. Any thoughts on this idea? I may have a label made similar to the ones that were on our MP vehicles at Ft. Sam.

Attachments

Gottlos

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Come on guys, we need a bigger showing than three. We need at least one more CUCV to be convoy lead and a few more deuces and five tons. Armor would be nice too.

Last edited:

Dave Kay

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Miramar is an awesome show. Hoping maybe THIS YEAR we can attend. Don't believe my MV will be up-to-snuff for display but will sure look you guys up if we go.

Last time I was there was sometime last millennium when my Dad lived in San Diego. He was/is a total Navy man and ex-carrier jock who did backseat duty in a dive bomber in WWII. His squadon, Tophatters, flew out of Miramar late '46 before his ship went to be de-commed in New Jersey. Anyway, we saw the Blue Angels there that weekend and visited the Top Gun hanger area but really couldn't get in to see much, except a bunch of F-14's all lined up pretty and ready--- awesome sight! I believe the Top Gun School left town a year or so after that.:-(

TheRecorder

Miramar is an awesome show. Hoping maybe THIS YEAR we can attend. Don't believe my MV will be up-to-snuff for display but will sure look you guys up if we go.

Last time I was there was sometime last millennium when my Dad lived in San Diego. He was/is a total Navy man and ex-carrier jock who did backseat duty in a dive bomber in WWII. His squadon, Tophatters, flew out of Miramar late '46 before his ship went to be de-commed in New Jersey. Anyway, we saw the Blue Angels there that weekend and visited the Top Gun hanger area but really couldn't get in to see much, except a bunch of F-14's all lined up pretty and ready--- awesome sight! I believe the Top Gun School left town a year or so after that.:-(

Sure,
Drop by for a sit down, I'm sure we will be towards Air Show Center.

Gottlos

Steel Soldiers Supporter
HEADS UP! Anyone who wants to stop by and say hello we are located just past the entrance for gate one. Which is the eastern most entrance for pedestrian visitors. Vehicle count is 3 M35a2 deuces, 2 M1009s, 1 M1008 and an M10?? ambulance. Sorry can't remember the M number for an ambulance.

Attachments

Dave Kay

Steel Soldiers Supporter
HEADS UP! Anyone who wants to stop by and say hello we are located just past the entrance for gate one. Which is the eastern most entrance for pedestrian visitors. Vehicle count is 3 M35a2 deuces, 2 M1009s, 1 M1008 and an M10?? ambulance. Sorry can't remember the M number for an ambulance.

Good looking line up! Wanted to go this year but something else always creeps up on me... take lots of pictures and have fun![thumbzup]

True Knight

Hey Gottlos, I was out there Saturday and you're truck looks even better in person! You weren't there when I stopped by, I would've liked to discuss some of the mods you have done. The axles look like they came like that from the factory! Nicely done!

Attachments