• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MDL Towbar Vs Medium Towbar

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mostly, I am familiar with the regular old Medium Towbar and the various feet that are used on it, depending on the vehicle to be towed. Another towbar that I recently saw pictures of is MDL ISC69 (No.2512-100-0) rated at 44,000#. The question is, will the Medium Towbar feet fit this other version and is it being used on Deuce sized vehicles? MDL, 44,000# Towbar.jpg Thanks

dilligaf13

The short answer is no. The old style feet are about 1/8" too thick to fit in the ibis tek tow bar and the ibis tek tow bar pin hole, for the tow feet, is about 1/16" too small for the old style 1" pin. If you use the Ibis tek tow bar pin you won't have to drill anything but it will be rattle in the old style tow feet a little bit. Shave a little off the old stle medium feet and drill out the ibis tek tow bar pin hole a little and it'll work.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks