• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Measurements of M35A2 and M109A3

lwizardl

I was wondering if anyone that owns these vehicles could tell me if this dimension image are correct or not. This image was downloaded originally from The M35A2 Page so I am not sure if these are accurate or not. I am looking at one of these types of vehicles to decide on if they will work for a custom I am planning on building hopefully this year.

Attachments

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For the M35A2 with stock tires the numbers are good.
The M109A3 is the same, but it maybe a little taller I think.

Good Luck!

lwizardl

Sweet thanks for the information. The only issue I see stopping my design to be perfect is that these M35 style trucks only have 1 bench seat. and I will need to find a way to extend the seat area to allow for 4 bucket sets (2 rows of 2)

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sweet thanks for the information. The only issue I see stopping my design to be perfect is that these M35 style trucks only have 1 bench seat. and I will need to find a way to extend the seat area to allow for 4 bucket sets (2 rows of 2)
I think I saw a thread about someone making a 4 door M35. Try a search in the hot rod and Mod.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
To get four bucket seats, you will wind up with a four door truck, and unless you start with an M36, a short bed in the back. You could possibly convert an M-36 into a shop van with a four door cab, since the bed area is almost five feet longer than a stock deuce. But that means purchasing the components separately, or buying two trucks and winding up with one. Your choice!

lwizardl

I lost Internet access due to weather so I was unable to post my other comment on here.

Question if you look at the dimensions they have 3 measurements on the rear. What are those ? looks like they could be to me

70 = Opening of truck bed
88 = Inside of truck bed
97 3/4 = total from outside edge to edge

I think I saw a thread about someone making a 4 door M35. Try a search in the hot rod and Mod.
I will do that right now :grin:

To get four bucket seats, you will wind up with a four door truck, and unless you start with an M36, a short bed in the back. You could possibly convert an M-36 into a shop van with a four door cab, since the bed area is almost five feet longer than a stock deuce. But that means purchasing the components separately, or buying two trucks and winding up with one. Your choice!
Thanks for the information man. I will also start looking into the M36 and see which will be the best option to start off with.

lwizardl

Anyone here that owns a M109A3 and has constant access to it (not at someone else's house) mind answering a few questions on measurements from this truck. I am looking for ones not on the sheet i posted and info about flooring.

things looking for

complete floor measurement
floor to ceiling measurement
windows locations such as widow 1 around, window 2 around, etc

also need to know how much room is there under the truck box? reason why i am looking for a place to mount extra batteries

hoop

Floor 90x144
Windows Front to Rear 8.5,31
Bottom to Top 39,64.5
Ceiling Side 76
Middle 77

lwizardl

hey man i just was looking at your measurements and i think i messed something. looking at your measurements looks like this.

G = from edge of box to window is 8.5 inches

F = from edge of box to window end is 31 inches

E = from edge of box to window is 64 inches

D = from edge of box to window end is 86.5 inches

C = from edge of box to window end is 116.5 inches

B = from edge of box to window end is 139 inches

From Edge to Egde = 144 inches

H = from bottom of floor to top of box is 77 inches

so that would make it that from outside edge of A to the beginning window of B would only be about 5 inchs since 144-139=5.
Is that the correct spacing?

for the most part looks like the space inside the box would be find for my needs. I just need to tweak the windows a bit.

Thanks for all the help guys

Attachments

saffy2yrs

Sorry for bumping a really old thread, I have a few questions for m109a3 owners willing to measure their trucks. :)

how tall are windows on the inside? height from ground to edging, edging to window, to top of window, and then of course to top would be 76 inches.

I was able to find door dimensions on a different thread, but what about the front of the box? where is the window and power boxes?
Is there anything on the back wall other than the doors? could I get measurements of those too please?

I am trying to sketch a layout on graph paper, and it is difficult without something to measure.
Thanks for any help!