• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mechanic recommendation - M1009: Injector Pump (North Texas area)

I_Publius

Anyone have a recommendation for someone who can replace the IP on my truck? If a forum member is able to do it, even better.

Thanks!

acesneights1

Do it yourself. It is a stupid easy job. I did a detailed write up on it at diesel place under same user name. It's a sticky.
The TM's here can walk you through it too. I can swap an IP in about 2 hrs on a 6.2 NA. That is with plenty of practice.
Think it took me 4 hrs the first time I did one years ago.

Flingarrows

x2 what acesneights1 said. The only 2 cents that I will add is: watch that little plunger on the front of the pump when taking it out or putting it back in. It can spring out of its hole, and possibly fall into the timing area. You may then have to take the cover apart to get it out. Ask me how I know that :cookoo:

Skinny

Super easy job, just take your time and be organized. If you keep the lines on the pump, swapping them on the bench is simple pimple. Hardest part of the whole job, leaning over the radiator support on your chest. I think I was sore for the following week. Get something soft like a foam pad or fender cover to drape over the hood latch area. Or you could always put the stock suspension and tires on it...wait...scratch that...