• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mechanical Oil Pressure Gauge Line

otisroy

Hey guys, it's been I while since I've posted. I'm getting ready to install a mechanical oil pressure gauge from Summit in my M109. I don't have the truck at the house so I need some help with estimating the length of line from the sending port to the gauge. I'll come through the firewall roughly behind the gauge cluster.

I had a scare a while back when I looked down and saw almost zero on the gauge but no knocking. I was sure I was looking at major work. I drove around for a couple weeks with a mechanical gauge on the floor and it had a solid 30 psi at idle and 60 under load. I replaced the sender and gauge(they were matched, 120psi) and it's still flaky. I'm sure there's an open somewhere but I don't wanna deal with chasing an electrical issue and it was reassuring to see the pressure on that mechanical gauge.

I need the length because I'm gonna use a prefabbed BSS line with a grommet at the firewall penetration.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks