• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mecum auction

RANDYDIRT

I am watching Mecum's auction, and wonder if anyone here owns the Harley Davidson bobber that I just saw? It was black and orange and was pulling a 105. It went to $9600 but didn't meet the reserve.

Dirt

RANDYDIRT

Yes, it comes on HD network. They go all around the country and auction high interest, mostly american cars and pickups. It's a good show with some really nice cars. They usually play it in 3 hour segments, but I think it was on all night last night.

Dirt

BTW, KSM how's the bobber coming along?

KsM715

Still sitting in the driveway waiting for the weather to warm up a tad. Bolt down the bed, swap the hard top from my M818 onto the bobber and some paint and she'll be done. (at least for now)

I found Mecum's website but wouldnt know where to start to search to see if they might have a pic of the bobber you mentioned.

3dAngus

Barrett Jackson auction is going on right now too. They are in Scotsdale through Jan. 23. Usually goes on for about three days. This will be the last day.

Starts at 2PM Eastern today on TV. Should be live TV, but might be a slight delay, as is usual.

Last edited:

cjcottrill

I think that was an older sale. One of my co-workers mentioned it to me and asked if I had seen it. I think it was before the Christmas Auto Auction Marathon on cable.

3dAngus

1945 Willys Jeep restored just went for $26,000 on Barrett Jackson on the Speed Channel about two minutes ago.